Dependable Embedded Systems
Embedded systems are electronic devices built in products that control one or several functions, with limited resources and in hostile environmental conditions. Transport systems such as lifts, trains and cars that we frequently use contain a large number of embedded systems in charge of controlling the movement, connectivity, self-diagnose, energy management, comfort and safety of the people, among other functions.
In this area, we are advancing in the development of these processing systems that integrate hardware, software, FPGA and communications, thus providing objects where certain capabilities are integrated, such as dependability (safety, availability, reliability, and maintenance), security, “intelligence”, connectivity, energy management, interaction with the environment and productivity.
Technologies we employ
- Generation of code from models based on HIL (Hardware in the Loop)
- Automatic generation of control softwar
- Transfer of SW Mixed criticality platforms
- Certification of functional safety (IEC-61508, EN-5012x, ISO-26262, etc.)
- SW verification and validation
- SW architecture design
- Functional safety management (FSM) SIL3
- Ada, MPI and OpenMP languages
- IEC 61508 certification