Information and Communication Technologies
We live in an interconnected world where the Internet plays a key role, and this is increasingly reflected in the industrial reality of the companies. The digitalization of industrial embedded systems (equipment goods, transport, logistics, power, etc.) is turning into a key part of these systems. In order to achieve that, they are equipped with connectivity, which allow them to be monitored, controlled and managed in a remote way, to offer advanced services (predictive maintenance, fleet management, etc.).
In this area, we investigate new reliable communication systems in industrial environments, and safe from external attacks as well as industrial digital platforms capable of managing and analysing great volumes of data in a scalable manner and in real time (alarms, KPI, predictions, etc.). By combining both areas, we can offer digital platforms for embedded systems that cover all the value chain: from the development of connectivity systems, cybersecurity, the intake of data and the analytic, to their advanced visualization.
Technologies we employ
- Intake and storage of great volumes of data in real time and in batch
- Development of highly scalable digital platforms in cloud environments
- Advanced analytic of data employing Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques
- Design and development of microservice architectures in cloud environments
- Adaptive web technologies for advanced visualization
- Communication technologies: BLE, ZigBee, WiFi, Powerline, 3G, 4G (LTE-Cat X and NarrowBand-IoT), Sigfox, LoRa, etc.
- Cybersecure solutions in industrial gateways, connectivity on FOG platforms and connectivity in the cloud
- Communication protocols for IoT/lloT and interoperability: MQTT, CoAP, DDS, HTTP(S), MQTT-SN, etc.
- Industrial protocols: OPC-UA, CANBus, ModBusTCP, etc.
- Sectoral protocols: IEC 61850, IEC 61400-25, IEC 60870-5-104, etc.
- Blockchain technology
- “Safety and Security for IoT”: Life cycle of IoT development oriented to the testing and validation of safe and dependable large-scale solutions