Electrical Energy Storage Systems Laboratory
Equipment for electrical and thermal characterisation of batteries and ultracapacitors:
Electrical characterisation equipment
- Automated electrical characterisation equipment
- Possibility of programming and combining different power profiles
- Possibility of collecting data on voltage, power and temperature every 10 ms
- Possibility of collecting additional voltage and temperature data in the batteries studied
- Current ranges from ± 10 mA hasta ± 500 A
- Voltage range between 0 V and 6 V up to 500 A, and from 6 V to 100 V up to 200 A
- Measurement accuracy: voltage: 1 mV, Temperature: 0.5 K, Power: 0.5 % of the value measured
Equipment for temperature control
- Climatic chambers with capacity of 80 l, 150 l, 200 l and 600 l with temperature range from -40 to 180 ºC, safety level 6.
- Measurement accuracy: 0.35 ºC.
- Possibility of programming and combining different temperature profiles.
- Possibility of controlling the climatic chamber from the electrical characterisation equipment
- Multi-channel complex impedance spectroscopy
- From 1 μHz to 6.5 KHz
- Alternate current up to 2 A
- Reference electrodes
- Voltage range between 0 V and 20 V